Friday, February 12, 2010

Rough Night

We all had a rough night, but it was Max who had the roughest of all.  Even though he was sedated for much of it, we had one incident.  Not going into specific details, he is fine now.  Kami is sleeping, and I'm on watch right now.

It's heartwrenching to see your little guy going through so much.  If I start to think of it, my emotions get the best of me so for now I will sit by his bedside and just concentrate on seeing his chest rise and fall.  I love you so much Max.

Thank you to all who are following this and sending your thoughts and prayers for him.  We are not out of the woods yet, but some glimmers of good stuff already have happened today.  At 6 am he found his fingers and started to suck on them.  This is great news as this is how he normally sooths himself.  He was also very alert and looked at me for quite a long time.  I stroked the top of his head to reassure everything was gonna be ok, and he gently fell back asleep.

Today should be much better as the doctors should allow Max to breastfeed again.  I have to believe that this will do wonders for him as he hasn't eaten anything in over 26 hours.

Well I'm going to report back into my post. 

3 comments:

  1. I hope the day goes well and Max gets to nurse asap. That will certainly help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you all and sending lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you had such a rough go of it last night. I will continue to send positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete